Patient Engagement Lead
EU Office based / Home based
Come discover what our 25,000+ employees already know: work here matters everywhere. We’re a growing and evolving biopharmaceutical industry leader, which means you’ll have endless opportunities to work with experts around the world and build the career you’ve dreamed of.
As a part of the Syneos Health team, you’ll help us deliver results for a rewarding reason – we improve patients’ lives around the world. Because to us, a patient isn’t just a number, they’re our family, friends, and neighbors.
Why Syneos Health
• #SyneosHealthLife means we’re committed to our Total Self culture – where everyone can authentically be themselves. Our Total Self culture is what unites us globally, and we know every person’s unique contributions make a difference.
• We believe our success is a direct result of the people who are driving it – you! We value your dedication to care for our customers and patients, so we want to focus on taking care of you. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits program encompassing your total health - physical, mental and financial.
• We are continuously building the company we all want to work for and our customers want to work with. Why? Because when we bring together diversity of thoughts, backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives – we’re able to create a place where everyone feels like they belong.
• Leads the development, preparation, approval and distribution of materials relating to Patient Engagement tactics from sponsor contracting through to closure of Patient Engagement activities. .
• Leads the discussion and collaborates with study specific functional area leads to identify and evaluate fundamental issues pertaining to successful patient enrollment. Interpret data to make sound and justifiable business decisions and ensure solutions are documented and agreed.
• Collaborates with study team to define and lead community outreach activities, including, but not limited to advocacy group liaison, attendance at local chapter events.
• Acts as main POC and SME for Patient Engagement, communicating with client to provide timely project updates and project related fiscal information. Collaborates with contracts and proposals development, project management, and clinical management to achieve contractual and financial project goals within specified timelines and high quality.
• Develops initial PEP (Patient Engagement Plan)or reviews and provide feedback of first draft Patient Engagement Plan developed by assigned Patient Engagement Specialist (PES).. Takes responsibility for periodic review of all subsequent updates as per scope of work.
• Proactively identify the most appropriate vendor solution for the study and indication and per protocol specifics. Ensure vendor is qualified and contracted per Syneos Health SOPs/Wis and is loaded into applicable finance systems. Identify and independently resolve vendor related issues with LM notification. Provide updates regarding vendor issues during both regional and Global team calls.
What we’re looking for
• BA/BS in the biological sciences or related discipline in the natural sciences/health care field (e.g. RN)
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, database applications), email, and internet
• Strong Patient Engagement experience from a CRO, Pharmaceutical company or agency
• Excellent verbal, written, communication and time management skills
Equal Opportunities Plan. Its objective is to achieve the principle of equality of opportunity in Syneos Health’s employment practices ensuring that our workforce is truly representative of each gender and that every employee is respected and is able to work under equal conditions
We are the only full-service biopharmaceutical solutions company in the world. That means we bring together the best clinical and commercial minds to create a better, smarter, faster way to get medicines into the hands of patients who need it most. Learn more about Syneos Health.
Tasks, duties, and responsibilities as listed in this job description are not exhaustive. The Company, at its sole discretion and with no prior notice, may assign other tasks, duties, and job responsibilities. Equivalent experience, skills, and/or education will also be considered so qualifications of incumbents may differ from those listed in the Job Description. The Company, at its sole discretion, will determine what constitutes as equivalent to the qualifications described above. Further, nothing contained herein should be construed to create an employment contract. Occasionally, required skills/experiences for jobs are expressed in brief terms. Any language contained herein is intended to fully comply with all obligations imposed by the legislation of each country in which it operates, including the implementation of the EU Equality Directive, in relation to the recruitment and employment of its employees. The Company is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, including the provision of reasonable accommodations, when appropriate, to assist employees or applicants to perform the essential functions of the job.